This is a delicious cake to bake for christmas time. It's not difficult and it is very sweet, because it's also glaze with coconut milk and sweet condensed milk. This cake is frost with cream cheese frosting. It's my own coconut cake recipe. Ok, enough chit chat let's start baking and have fun!
- Baking time 30-35 minutes,
- 20 cm cake pan,
- Preheat your oven at 175 degrees celcius,
Ingredients for cake batter:
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 1 cup coconut milk,
- 120 gr butter,
- 2 cup flour,
- 2 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 cup of fresh shredded coconut,
- Put your eggs and vanilla extract in your mixing bowl and mix for about 5 minutes,
- In the mean time melt your butter with coconut milk in a pan. When the butter is completely melted, put your pan aside and let it cool down,
- Your egg mixture is now ready,
- Add your sugar little by little into the egg mixture. Don't put everything at once otherwise you will lose all the air that you create by mixing the eggs for 5 minutes,
- Sift your flour and baking powder together,
- Add your flour with baking powder to the batter. Add the flour also little by little into the batter,
- Stop your mixer and add the shredded coconut into the batter,
- Add your coconut milk and melted butter into your bowl and whisk for a few minutes,
- Your coconut cake batter is ready for the oven.
- Bake your cake for 30-35 minutes or untill it's done.
When your cake is ready let it cool down completely before adding the glaze!! Almost forget leave your cake into the cake pan.
- 200 ml of coconut milk,
- 200 gr. of sweet condensed milk,
- Whisk the condensed milk with the coconut milk together,
- Prick a few holes into the cake and pour the glaze on the cake,
- Put your cake in the refrigerator till your frosting is ready,
- 200 gr cream cheese,
- 100 gr butter,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract,
- 1- 2 cups confectioner sugar (depends on how sweet you want your frosting to be),
- Put your cream cheese into your mixing bowl and mix till creamy and fluffy,
- Add your butter into your mixing bowl and mix till the butter is incorporated into the cream cheese,
- Add the vanilla extract and confectioner sugar. Add confectioner sugar little by little otherwise you will get sugar all over your cloths,
Tip: If you want some more coconut flavor in your cream cheese frosting add a half of teaspoon of coconut milk!
For garnish: some pineapples
- Take you cake out of the refrigerator and put your cake on a serving plate,
- Put your cream cheese frosting on top,
- Sprinkle some fresh grated coconut on the creame cheese frosting,
- Garnish with some pineapple,
- Leave the cake for 30-45 minutes into the refrigerator,
Take your cake, 15 minutes before serving out of the refrigerator. So your cream cheese can get to room temperature.
The cake is ready to serve!!!
Have fun baking and eating this delicious cake. If you have a question about this cake don't hesitate to leave a message behind!
Brownysssss don’t forget to visit Browny's cakes webshop for all your baking products! Check the link below.
Click here to subscribe for Browny's Cakes Blog!
Te un otro bia (See you soon in my native language papiamentu).
You can follow Browny's cakes on:
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/brownyscakes or click here!!!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrownysCakes or click here!!
For a cake order send Browny's cakes an e-mail:
It's a browny's thing...