I need to confess, that I have forgotten to take pictures when I was baking the cake on the picture! I was so busy with a lot of cake orders! So I have baked another small cake which will be shown in below steps.
Please be advised that the quantities in this blog are for the cake (20cm) on the picture.
This recipe Yield 2- 8″ Layers or 1 - 8” (with a height of 10 inches). (20 cm)
Prepare cake pan(s) by coating the pan(s) generously with butter and dusting them with flour, shaking out the excess flour.
Grease your cake pan and preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- 3/4 cup Semi Sweet baking chocolate,
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder,
- 1/2 cup hot water,
- 170 gr. soft unsalted butter,
- 4 Eggs,
- 2 Egg yolk,
- 1 cup White sugar,
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract,
- ½ cup Milk,
- 1 ¾ cups Flour,
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda,
- ½ teaspoon salt,
- Sift the flour, baking soda and the salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl add the cocoa powder to the hot water and whisk it smooth,
|Cacao powder dissolved in hot water|
- Add the melted chocolate. When the chocolate is complete dissolved, add your butter and vanilla extract to this and whisk all smooth.
- In your mixer bowl whip the eggs and the egg yolks on high speed with the whip attachment until foamy, and gradually start adding in your sugar very slowly. The eggs mixture will take about 5 minutes to reach the ribbon stage.
|Foamy egg mixture|
Ribbon stage explanation: You reach the ribbon stage, when you make a circle pattern with the mixture and it stays visible for a few seconds before disappearing into mixture.
- Add the entire melted chocolate/cocoa powder mixture to the whipped egg mixture, and whip until it is all incorporated(about 20 seconds).
|Adding the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture|
- Next we start the alternating of the dry ingredients with the milk, beginning with the dry ingredients and ending with the dry, in 3 and 2 additions. Mix untill all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate batter into your cake pan(s) and bake for approx 25-40 minutes.
When your cake is ready, you are able to frost it with chocolate fudge frosting. The chocolate fudge frosting recipe is already on my blog. Click here for the Chocolate fudge frosting recipe.
Just a view of my dessert for tonight! Devilicious!!!
Have fun baking and ofcourse eating this delicious Devilish Chocolate cake!
Oh don’t forget to visit my Webshop for all your baking products! Check the link below J
Te un otro bia (See you soon in my native language papiamentu).
You can follow Browny's cakes on:
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/brownyscakes or click here!!!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrownysCakes or click here!!
For a cake order send Browny's cakes an e-mail:
It's a browny's thing...