In this blog I will guide you guys step by step how I did make this Wine bottle Cake. I hope you can learn how easy it is to make your own customized wine bottle cake. The only thing you need to make is time to make this cakes, because it's alot of work!
1. First of all you make your cake batter (see previous blogs for several flavors of cake batter) and put the batter in the oven. I made vanilla sponge cake for this wine cake. I used a 20 diameter round cake pan and a 15 diameter round cake pan to make this cake. I made two 20 diameter and two 15 diameter round cake
2. Let the cake cool down and fill it with you favorite filling. This cake I filled with vanilla pudding and strawberry jam. (delicious this combination)
3.This cake is covered with fondant, so I make buttercream to covered the cake with. The buttercream helped the fondant stick to the cake. Let the cake chill in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minute. It's easier to work with the cake when buttercream is hard. After the cake is chilled I cut the cakes into half and put them on the cake board (this time I used a mirror as cake board, because this cake was too big)
|20 diameter cake cut in half|
|The cake with the lines|
5. After drawing the line I cut the first side of the cake in the shape of the bottle. You can see now, how the cake is getting the shape of the wine bottle.
6. On below picture you can see the final result after cutting both side of the cake in the shape of the wine bottle.
|Cake shaped ready to be covered with fondant|
After shaping the cake don't forget to cover the sides with buttercream otherwise the fondant won't stick on the cake.
7. I covered the cake with white fondant and hand painted the cake with red and golden foodcolour.
|Cake covered with fondant|
8. I also made a blanket with prints, bow and a wine glas to assecorize with the cake.
This is the end result. I hope you all enjoy reading this blog. If you have any question don't hesitate to send me a message.
Fore more picture click here for Browny's Cakes Facebook page.
It’s a browny’s thing…